Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Prepare for the trading day 3

I'm back, well not really, I'm just here.
So what did I miss? Let's see... market went up, check. Market went down, check. Seems like business as usual.

Since my first set of positive thinking affirmations were well received, I’ve put together a much longer (10 minute) MP3 that touches on a wide variety of trading areas. Maybe you need them maybe you don’t. But to those that do or those that are looking to raise their game, you should find some good nuggets of wisdom.

Obviously it’s thought processes that I believe are important and found to keep my own mind straight. To use them correctly for the greatest effect, repeat the phrases out loud. The more frequent the better. This ingrains them into your thought processes and neural pathways. You can also listen while sleeping for some kind of subliminal reprogramming. The point is to break bad habits if you’ve got them or just set you on the right track to start with. Since it's long and I did it in one take, I made a few verbal stumbles during recording.
Here is the link to download the free (yes, free) MP3 www.badongo.com/audio/17204955

The affirmations are listed below so you can follow what you are listening to.


- I am a consistent and competent trader

- I have complete confidence in my abilities

- I have complete trust in probabilities

- I have no expectation of what a trade outcome will be

- I successfully trade patterns based on probabilities and momentum

- Probabilities work out to my advantage more often than not

- I am able to make my winning trades far outweigh my losing trades

- I can sense the minute changes in market momentum

- I immerse myself into the market flow

- I become one with the market, experiencing the moves without distraction

- I am an excellent trader

- My trading plan has evolved over time into a system that fits me perfectly

- My edge gives me an unfair advantage over my competition

- I follow my trading plan without deviation

- My trading plan tells me when to enter a trade

- My trading plan tells me when to take a profit

- My trading plan tells me when to take a loss

- I never take big losing trades because it is not part of my plan

- I know that I will have many small losing trades every day

- I know that losing trades are one part of being a trader

- Losing trades do not affect me as they are only probabilities in action

- Knowing that my plan backs up my edge gives me great confidence

- I am an excellent trader

- I never have an emotional response to winning or losing trades

- The results of my trades are merely outcomes of market opportunities I acted on

- The markets will continue to move in the same fashion if I choose to trade or not

- I can control my interaction with the market but not the market itself

- My only intention when I trade is to follow my trading plan

- Following my trading plan has proven to be very profitable

- The machine like execution of my trading plan brings me great benefits

- I trade only on the chart and momentum information displayed in front of me

- Market momentum has proven to be the most important factor in deciding when to trade

- When I see momentum I know powerful and successful traders have given rise to it

- I am an excellent trader

- I have the ability to develop intense concentration when I am trading

- My ability to concentrate comes from my years of market experience

- The markets replay the same information over and over again

- Chart patterns and momentum give me the opportunity and information to make winning trades

- I have the ability to see opportunities as they develop

- I know when a stock is rising and I know the correct response

- I know when a stock is falling and I know the correct response

- I know when a stock is falling and I know the correct response

- I take advantage of opportunities to put on winning trades

- When I make an incorrect read of market conditions I quickly exit the trade

- Quickly exiting a losing trade is part of my plan and thus makes me a winner

- I am an excellent trader

- It is easy for me to be totally detached from all opinions of others

- The opinion of others on what a stock may do is in no way relevant to my trading

- I trust completely in my ability to trade my plan

- An important part of my trading plan is when I set stops

- Setting stops prevents me from taking large losses

- I let stops do their work automatically

- I embrace the uncertainty of all things market related

- I face not knowing what the future holds by playing the probabilities

- I mentally take the amount of risk at my stop level out of my psychological bank whenever I enter a trade

- I am good at constantly recalculating probabilities and odds of opportunities presented

- I constantly strive to become the best trader I can be

- I invest whatever time and focus is required in order to reach my goals

- I am an excellent trader



6 comments:

NQJ said...

Thanks. Heard your mp3 audio file for the first time. Very clear and soothing.

Thanks for posting it.

joshua said...

thanks for the new download. i listen to the other mp3 on the way to the office, about a 15 min drive. it really helps me get focused for the day ahead. the affirmations take away the second guessing that i have in my head. they help me stick to the plan, take a loss, and open my eyes to see the big picture. for me,one of the simplest yet profound comment you made was green bars means rising, red bars means falling. i remember going into my office the one day, turning on the computer and seeing some stock starting to print red bars, and there was no second guessing (because of the affirmations), no hesitation, just went for it, put my stop in, and the trade worked. there was no need for "its making a cup and handle, or breaking out of bull flag". i just played the probabilities, had my stop, no fear, no indicators, just the flow of the stock. so for that, thank you!

Scott said...

glad to hear you're getting some use out of them.
the simple way is the better way.

db said...

Scott,

Welcome back! And thank you for sharing your trading affirmations.

TradeHound said...

Is there anywhere else to get the affirmations mp3 other than bodango?

Scott said...

Tradehound,

I haven't posted them anywhere else.It is easy to download onto your computer or MP3 player.

Scott