Friday, June 19, 2009

Todays trading style

If you're having a difficult time making money in the current market conditions, it might be wise to change your approach in how long you hold on to your positions. As a day trader my hold times are short. And during the current market conditions there are getting shorter.
Sure it's all too easy to look at the end of day chart and say the trend is obvious, but when you are trading during the market gyrations you need to take the signals it's giving. Consequently my winners have gotten smaller dollarwise but larger in quantity.
Basically when the momentum stops in whatever I'm trading I bail out and take the profits. Some magic plan, huh?. Then I usually trade them the other direction beacuse that is where they are usually heading. I haven't had huge gainers, I don't have huge losers. I have to be very immersed in the momentum flow as usual but it is still the same action plan that I have always followed. My trading plan has not changed but merely adapted to the conditions.
It would be nice if SKF would move $80 in a day like it used to, but I am content to take .80 moves all day long.
The following posts today demostrate.

1 comment:

bluecollartrader said...

Outstanding, Scott. I spent a few hours on Saturday then Sunday morning studying your June 2008 charts. Now I'm moving on to July 2008. Trying to jam my skull full of your entries and exits in hopes that they will assimilate... Continued thanks for this site.