Thursday, April 08, 2010

Why I don't swing trade.

Yesterday and today I had great day trades in FRX. Lots of nice volatility but still typical, dare I say, predictable movement.
As I turned on my screens this morning and saw this daily chart, I had to chuckle to myself over the FRX pile driver.
This is a perfect example of why I don't swing trade or ever hold anything overnight.
I want to be able to control the risk in an active manner not be hurled over a cliff strapped into a burning shit wagon. When something extraordinary happens during the day I can take advantage of it in either direction. I sleep good at night too.

3 comments:

Tajir said...

Scott, Thanks for "The Finger" Strategy. It has helped me gain confidence in getting positive days. I was stuck in fibs, MAs and some more and didn't realize something as simple as this is all you need to get started.
I am anxiously waiting for the proposed webinar.

bluecollartrader said...

...strapped to a burning shit wagon. Yes, that's a tough way to go! ;-)

gamingthemarket said...

"...not be hurled over a cliff strapped into a burning shit wagon."

This made me laugh. And reminisce--lol! It's my favorite quote of the month. I noticed your departure from Rude City Riot. I enjoyed hearing you all play with passion. That was a great band name.