Friday, January 08, 2010

Connections



Just to prove to you that the markets can do anything, take a look at the following. Normally or for as long I have been trading FAZ, it moves in the opposite direction of the QQQQ. If QQQQ is moving down , FAZ moves up. Always. I've played it countless times like that. Except today.
Today, at least at this time they are moving in sync upwards. I'm long FAZ with nothing to judge countermoves by. It does feel wrong but what I see in front of me is real so I'm going with it.
First chart is QQQQ.





FAZ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi scott,

funny thing, yesterday it happens to qld. the ultra follower worked sometimes against the market.

nice to see how you trade this
quite days.

but today good movers where out there, despite of the lousy moving indexes.

Scott said...

Maz- Ya it was most unusual seeing how things were reacting. What does it mean? Who knows or cares. Just another example of going with the flow.
There are so many movers out there every day a trader can't take advantage of them all. Today I traded IAG, PCX, TASR, CIT, they seemed normal enough to me.